How many common leadership phrases can you quote in 10 seconds or less? And, go.
- Lead by example.
- Leadership is action, not position.
- Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things.
- Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- Manage things; lead people.
- Never let ’em see you sweat.
Hold it right there.
Read my Lead Change Group post, Real Leaders Sweat, for why I think this common phrase, “Never let ’em see you sweat,” is due for a re-write.